our summer family photos

July 30, 2014, Michaela Evanow, 18 Comments

A big thanks to Stefany of Alviar Photography, a Vancouver based lifestyles photographer. The gift of her time and talent blessed us immensely.

Florence is now nearly 2 and a half years old and I am 35 weeks pregnant.

We are learning to live life, stumbling around sometimes, but mostly with our chins held high, and the weighty thread of hope weaving a way through our lives. A way, where there often is no way.

We’re waiting in anticipation for the arrival of this little one, due around August 29th. We did not do genetic testing, for a variety of reasons. I’ve had my doubts, but mostly I know it was something that was right for us. Trust and Hope are otherworldly, and as Brené Brown says, “Hope is not an emotion; it’s a way of thinking or a cognitive process.”

Through this whole process, hope has become a way of thinking. It’s been gruelling at times, switching from fear to hope, painful, tiresome, hard, but whenever I dip into that way of thinking, I find myself breathing again.

untitled_Stefany-Mailhiot_IMG_3221

AlviarPhotography_M.Evanow_July2014-2

untitled_Stefany-Mailhiot_IMG_3249

AlviarPhotography_M.Evanow_July2014-3.jpg

AlviarPhotography_M.Evanow_July2014-8

AlviarPhotography_M.Evanow_July2014-11

AlviarPhotography_M.Evanow_July2014

Stefany Alviar Photography

AlviarPhotography_M.Evanow_July2014-4

untitled_Stefany-Mailhiot_IMG_3242

AlviarPhotography_M.Evanow_July2014-9

AlviarPhotography_M.Evanow_July2014-5

• Reply Heather Bowie August 10, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Such gifts – all of these – hope, pictures and Flo’s gorgeous smile!!

Thank-you for letting us see all of these!

Heather

• Reply Betsy Lipari July 31, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Your family is incredibly inspirational. Your Flo has been in my and my nine year old daughters prayers since we first read about Flo’s journey shortly after her diagnosis. You are a constant in our asking for Gods mercies and blessings upon Flo’s life. Just wanted you to know you are impacting people whom you have never met in NJ. God bless you all. We consider it a privilege to pray for you all. Thank you for your transparency and your mother heart for Flo , we desire the very best for your family and life. In Christ, Betsy

• Reply Michaela Evanow August 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Wow. Betsy, thank you so much for this beautiful outpouring of love for us. It amazes me that people read my words all over the place. I love to hear these stories. Thank you, thank you and so much love to you and your daughter!

• Reply Amy Hunt July 31, 2014 at 1:45 PM

First there’s this to celebrate: “We are learning to live life, stumbling around sometimes, but mostly with our chins held high, and the weighty thread of hope weaving a way through our lives.”

Keep “dipping” into that hope, friend. I’m right there with you. Though sometimes forgetful that this is where life can be found . . . I need this reminder and a friend who gets it.

• Reply Michaela Evanow July 31, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I recently listened to a sermon Amy, and he said, hope is found in the wilderness. Hope isn’t found when everything is going well. It just isn’t. That’s the gift of the wilderness experience. Love that.

• Reply Sarah Fairbrass July 30, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Michaela, these photos are absolutely amazing. Of course how can any photographer go wrong with such a brilliantly beautiful family in their lens! What a treasure capturing these moments in time are. Many blessings to you and yours.

Sarah

• Reply Donna D. Gordon July 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Florence is a little angel and she looks so happy. I’m a writer too, and write spiritual plays. I love your heartfelt writing and it has been an inspiration to me. I go boldly before the throne every morning to ask God’s blessings over you and your family. I’m so looking forward to see your new little one and I hope you get lots of pictures.

• Reply Michaela Evanow July 30, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Wow, thank you so much Donna. That’s so amazing to hear.

• Reply Jennifer Gorman July 30, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Just so perfect. I am so very glad you have these gorgeous photos to capture such a part of your life. I am praying for both of your kids!!!!

• Reply Michaela Evanow July 30, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Thank you so much for your precious prayers for us! Means a lot.

• Reply Monica July 30, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Beautiful courage shines through you.
    I love the nail polish 🙂

• Reply Michaela Evanow July 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I am obsessed with painting her tiny nails 😉

• Reply Donna-Jean Brown July 30, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Oh my goodness – nail polish and bracelets on Florence – you kill me, Michaela!
    These are exquisite photos of your beautiful and handsome family.
    You and your husband are a testament to faith in our loving but mysterious God.

• Reply Michaela Evanow July 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I know, the nail polish and bangles do a number on me too! 🙂

• Reply Allison July 30, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I love all of them! I think my favorite is the one of you both smiling at the camera and Florence is looking at you just beaming! So precious and beautiful!

• Reply Michaela Evanow July 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM

the black and white one? that’s one of my favs too 😉

• Reply Tamara July 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Beautiful photos! I love how much joy is in Flo’s face. So excited for you all with the arrival of your son or daughter. Can’t wait to hear the news. Praying for you all.

• Reply Michaela Evanow July 30, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Oh thank you so much Tamara!