words to ponder and pin: 2 Thessalonians.

October 6, 2013, Michaela Evanow, 12 Comments

I’m a firm believer in the power of words. I learn through words often but not always (instruction manuals—Greek). Sometimes in the Bible, I see scripture, I see words and I’m overwhelmed by all the truth, by the goodness. In the past few months I’ve been turning the scriptures into “art”, or set apart visual reminders of God’s truth. I really like digging out the nuggets that speak to me and framing them. It’s nothing new, people do it all the time. But sometimes certain scriptures that I know so well, became…stale. If I’m perfectly honest, I’ll read it, and think “Oh yeah, that one.” However, I’ve been finding so much life in reading scripture with various translations. The Message Bible is very good, and often, very bad. The Amplified Version, is amazing, rich and detailed, but sometimes a mouthful and a half. In any case, I love them all, so I’ll pick and choose what I like best. This is really just for myself, but I hope you like it too.

By the way, Pinterest is alight with scripture art, and I’m finding thousands of people are pinning scripture. It’s amazing.  So pin away or Facebook away. You can find me here.

2 Thessalonians 1:5 (MSG)

2 Thessalonians 2:17

2 Thessalonians 1:11

2 Thessalonians 1:5-10

• Reply Michaela. October 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Stacy,
    Thanks for the reminder. I needed to fix that, a simple deletion by accident of the “1” on my part. But the pin went a little viral, or rather, it’s all over Pinterest now. In any case, the truth is there, the number is not! Thanks for the grace. It’s fixed now 🙂

• Reply stacy October 14, 2013 at 3:10 AM

2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 (MSG) instead of 2 Thess.5:10
    **PLEASE NOTE: THE SCRIPTURE NOTED ON ONE OF YOUR PICS IS INCORRECT. There’s not a 2 Thess.5 lol**

• Reply Jolie Lambkin October 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Hmmmmm, love this. The Word of God so rich and alive. The WORD of God so rich and alive! Thanks for sharing these meditations.

• Reply kali gillespie October 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I love copying scripture and playing with words too…just getting started in the digital realm but there’s something about writing it out in different ways that just make the words penetrate my heart afresh. Yours are beautiful- and make me want to go pull out 2 Thes tonight for a re-read. Thanks for sharing with us!

• Reply Michaela. October 7, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Thanks friend. There were lots of
      gems in that book!

• Reply chichipress October 7, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Once I discovered your blog – I couldn’t stop reading! hehe
    I love your writing style!! I wish I could write like you!
    So then of course I clicked on some earlier posts and found out about the
    placenta from there.
    Ahhh – loved your travel posts too! The birthing posts in India – and of course
    your wedding photos! You two are a beautiful couple!!

• Reply Michaela. October 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM

🙂 thanks for the smiles!

• Reply Michaela. October 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Hey, you design yourself!!! Book covers!!! How amazing! Maybe I’ll get you to design a book cover for me…one day 😉 that story “please God, let them be amazing” looks really interesting. Is it good?

• Reply chichipress October 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Awww I’d be so honored to design a book cover for you!!!
        Anytime!!! Let me know! I’ll make you a few examples too!~ seriously!!

You know… that book- please God, let them be amazing…I only made the cover. So I’m not exactly sure what it’s about 🙁 But I’m always so happy to work on a Christian book cover.
        Did you take a design course??

• Reply Michaela. October 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Nope I didn’t. Thanks Sophie, you are awesome!

• Reply Sophie October 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM

They are gorgeous! I love your Scripture Art! Gonna print them out and place them in my little frame near my kitchen … so when I do dishes… I can meditate on the Word!! You’re so talented!! Even read that you do Placenta Encapsulation!! Wow! I didn’t even know that existed!!!

• Reply Michaela. October 6, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Sophie, well you are just flattering me from all corners today. 🙂 Thanks. Yes I do placenta encapsulation…check out my other site http://www.placentalove.ca
      Is that where you found the info?
      That’s so nice to hear you will print them out.